e diel, 15 korrik 2007

Champagne for the Champagne Region

I actually had to tell my friends of this law I'm going to tell you, I was amazed how many people didn't know about this.

When we speak of Champagne, like we drink Champagne for new years and to celebrate something, well are we sure we are drinking champagne?

By law the word Champagne is strictly reserved for the wines produced only in the Champagne region of France (yes there is such area, look it up if you don't believe me).
I know some countries still calls their wine for champagne, but that is actually illegal, all new wine made after this law was enforced may not be called champagne if not produced in that specific area of France.

So when you drink some cheap wine in the believe that you drinking Champagne, you may be disappointed.

Nuk ka komente: